I definitely would go for either .zip or .tar.gz. I think .zip on Windows
is preferable but as .tar.gz is supported by Winzip it's OK too.
I don't think it's right to start educating windows users like Gabor says.
It has nothing to do with bzip2 being hard but with the fact that barely
anyone has it installed under Windows.

Andi