-Reported By:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
+Reported By:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Bug Type:         Documentation problem
 Operating System: Windows 98SE
 PHP Version:      4.1.0
-Assigned To:
+Assigned To:      yohgaki
 New Comment:

After document is updated I'll take a look at output buffering code.
(If there is problem here, it should be fixed)

David,
Did you tested with 4.2.0?
What is your OS?
Please update Version and OS field, thanks.

[2002-04-25 19:20:15] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This problem probably will not be fixed.

1) It does not worth the effort.
2) There is show_source()
3) phps does not work under certain encodings.

Use show_source() instead...

I made this report as Documentation problem to encourage use of
show_source().

Someday, when ZendEngine became fully i18n, someone may care to fix
phps.

[2002-04-25 18:16:06] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Setting output_buffering to anything over 16386 (which by the way is
the magic number of bytes that wget/lynx fetch, breaks all attempts at
fetching the source.  Note, the php script itself still performs fine.

[2002-04-25 17:59:56] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Setting output_buffering=0 allows Mozilla to get the full source every
time.  Setting it to 1 breaks it every time. Setting it to 2+ yields
random results.  Between no truncation and several lines of truncation
(Mozilla).

The curious part of this is that lynx and wget always fetch the same
number of bytes every time.

[2002-04-25 17:49:53] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Disabling zlib.output_compression yields full source in Mozilla but
both lynx and wget are still missing the end chunk (last two lines are
truncated)

[2002-04-25 17:27:04] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Duplicated on Linux/Apache 1.2.23 with PHP 4.2.0.

With output buffering enabled, Mozilla pops up 'document has no data',
with output buffering disabled, the source is almost all viewable.
That is to say, the last two lines are missing, the generated html is
truncated.

The source I'm trying to render is 2344 bytes long.

    http://bugs.php.net/14770

--
Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=14770&edit=1