ID:               18287
 Updated by:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Reported By:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Bug Type:         Documentation problem
 Operating System: n/a
 PHP Version:      4.2.1
 New Comment:

You are correct, it is indeed a boolean. I was just doing a print on
the return value before. Perhaps changing that and including a sentence
or two about the condition you mentioned too. Many people might assume
that the cookie wasn't sent if they get false returned.

Thanks much.

[2002-07-11 18:31:00] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I get boolean TRUE on success, and boolean FALSE on failure.  Of course
failure does not mean the cookie wasn't set, it means the function
failed. Like if header info was already sent.

Docs say int is returned, should it be boolean instead?

[2002-07-11 17:26:45] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The documentation for setcookie() does not specify what a successful
return value should be (0 or 1).