 Bug Type:         Documentation problem
-Operating System: Win XP
+Operating System: Win XP, Compaq Tru64
-PHP Version:      4.1.0
+PHP Version:      PHP4-CVS
 New Comment:

Reopened this bug.

Manual says:

$stack = array ("orange", "banana", "apple", "raspberry");
$fruit = array_shift ($stack);

Will result in $stack beeing:

Array
(
    [0] => banana
    [1] => apple
    [2] => raspberry
)
and orange will be assigned to $fruit.

In fact Array is:

(
    [1] => banana
    [2] => apple
    [3] => raspberry
)

Don't know if this behaviour is expected and if it's a documentation
bug or if this feature is not expected and it's a real bug.

[2002-02-03 12:56:38] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thank you for this report, this has been fixed in CVS and will show up
soon.

[2002-02-03 12:01:55] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In the manual entry for array_shift(), this is stated: "This would
result in $fruit having 3 elements left:". But it seems that this
should be "This would result in $stack having 3 elements left:".

BTW: I'm not sure if I should report this kind of problems to this bug
database, but I couldn't think of another way.

Manuzhai