ID:               19423
 Comment by:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Reported By:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Bug Type:         Documentation problem
 Operating System: Windows 9x/NT/ME/2000/XP
 PHP Version:      4.2.3
 New Comment:

Well, since I thought I might have something miss installed, I've gone
ahead and re-started my Win2000 Server installation.

I'm back to the same problem however. Any directory I specify for the
extension dll, won't work. I've tried, d:\php\extensions,
d:\php\\extensions\, d:\\php\\extensions, d:\\php\exetensions\\,
d:/php/extensions, d://php//extensions,
d://php/extensions/, d://php//extensions//

I've attempted as well to move the dll into the system 32 directory,
and in the same directory has the php.exe file. No luck.

Below are my specifications:

Server: Dell Power App 120 Server, SCSI hard drives.
OS: Window 2000 Server running IIS 5
PHP: Version 4.2.3 running ISAP installation

Php ini file : c:\WINNT\php.ini
Php directory : d:\php
Extension directory : d:\php\extensions

Note: I've installed this same version on 6 other Win2000 clients (Pro
and Server) with IIS 5, and have not run into this problem before. The
only main difference is that its a Power App Server, with SCSI drives.

[2002-09-27 12:34:01] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Should be mentioned in the manuel...

Derick

[2002-09-27 10:03:23] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I had the same problem, after some hours of struggeling, I finanaly got
it !!!!

This doesn't work : extension_dir=c:\php

This works :  extension_dir=c:\php\

It doesn't matter what dircotry the extension_dir is pointing to, you
must put the last '\' there to make it work.

Good luck all :)

[2002-09-25 13:20:53] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Is the assumption that if no directory is specified, that it will
automaticlly look in the c:\WINNT\System32 directory for the extension
dlls, correct?

[2002-09-24 17:36:30] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I'm using the ISAPI version on Win2k IIS.

My install drive for php is I:\php\

My php.ini is in the H:\winnt\ directory (the phpinfo() function
reports that is were it found it).

Php.ini coding :
----------------
; Directory in which the loadable extensions (modules) reside.
extension_dir = I:/php/extensions/
----------------

As long as I don't specify a extension to load, php works fine. But,
once I un remark an extension (ei. php_mssql.dll), it gives the "unable
to load dynamic library 'I:/php/extensions/php_mssql.dll' The support
module not found" message.

I've tried both ways, I:\\ and I:/

[2002-09-24 17:10:49] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

No php.ini does not have to be on the c: drive.

However please make sure you are using the c:\\ or c:/ syntax. Also
make sure that your php.ini file is in the correct location (look at
the output of phpinfo()). With the cli and cgi versions you can often
get away with putting the php.ini file in the same dir as the
executable and it will find it there.

- James

    http://bugs.php.net/19423

--