ID:               19803
 Updated by:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Reported By:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Bug Type:         Documentation problem
 Operating System: AIX 4.3.3
 PHP Version:      4.2.3
 New Comment:

This is not true. libmcrypt comes with all ciphers, you don't need the
mcrypt software itself. From the libmcrypt source:

ls -l modules/algorithms-rw-rw-r--    1 derick   derick       7293 Apr
29 13:03 3-way.c
-rw-rw-r--    1 derick   derick          0 May 22  2000 3-way.h
-rw-rw-r--    1 derick   derick       5068 Jul  6 12:01 arcfour.c
-rw-rw-r--    1 derick   derick        108 Jan 23  2001 arcfour.h
-rw-rw-r--    1 derick   derick      20738 Jul  6 12:01 blowfish.c
-rw-rw-r--    1 derick   derick      20067 Apr 29 13:03
blowfish-compat.c

Derick

[2002-10-07 10:16:41] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I had been stuck with hte problem for almost a week, it wasn't until
someone's posting in the php newgroup that saved my hide from further
struggle.

What happen is that I followed the documentation at php.net/mcrypt and
I had problem with algorithm.  I checked the PHP Info (by using
phpinfo() function) and it said that mcrypt is supported but no
ciphers. The documenation should mentioned that mcrypt software is
needed along with libmcrypt software, so I would have the cipher be
supported.  I'm new to libmcrypt and I got the impression that it have
everything in it.  I'm not familiar with mcrypt as well.

Now that my understand had been enhanced, I figured the document will
need to be updated or to include some information so in the future, it
would benefit everyone better, including people who may be confused
with libmcrypt and mcrypt.