Do not make a mistake here. magic_quotes_runtime is
used for the file functions used in the tests. Should have
mention this before i guess.

marcus

At 14:26 29.10.2002, Melvyn Sopacua wrote:
At 14:01 10/29/2002 +0100, Derick Rethans wrote:

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Marcus Börger wrote:

> Some functions use internal function php_addslashes() when
> magic_quotes_runtime=1. But some tests need this to be
> magic_quotes_runtime=0.

Ah, makes sense... maybe we can use this information to compile a list
for documenting which function relies on which settings? I could never
have thought XML functions relied on the magic_quotes setting.
Me neither :)
So ... what is "runtime"? Is that any access to external resources? That should
be the starting point, but that would probably mean that a number of extensions
need reworking and some will not behave as expected if you present it like this.

Some extensions (or better, the libraries they use) open these resource on
their own, so 'runtime' doesn't apply, allthough it's intuitive to think so.

Met vriendelijke groeten / With kind regards,

Webmaster IDG.nl
Melvyn Sopacua

<@Logan> I spent a minute looking at my own code by accident.
<@Logan> I was thinking "What the hell is this guy doing?"