ID:               18411
 Updated by:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Reported By:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Bug Type:         Documentation problem
 Operating System: W2K Professional
 PHP Version:      4.2.1
 New Comment:

Please do not submit the same bug more than once. An existing
bug report already describes this very problem. Even if you feel
that your issue is somewhat different, the resolution is likely
to be the same. Because of this, we hope you add your comments
to the original bug instead.

Thank you for your interest in PHP.

Dupe of #19575. Even though this is an earlier report I am making it
the 'bogus' one, since the 19575 is assigned to Goba and hopefuly will
be fixed soon.

[2002-10-05 10:27:51] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

TRUE has always been 1 and FALSE "".  To me it would be inconsistent if
you did strlen(FALSE) and got TRUE, for example.  It just needs to be
documented better.

[2002-07-18 09:39:48] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

As the boolean page holds information on converting to boolean, I have
expected this info to be found on the strings page, but it's not there
;) Though the integer page has info on converting to integer... So this
should be explained on the strings page IMHO.

[2002-07-18 09:27:14] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This is expected behavior, but I can not find this in the manual either
(atleast not on
http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.types.boolean.php).
Making it a documentation problem.

Derick

[2002-07-18 09:09:10] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

No doubt there is a reason for:

print_r(TRUE)        displays 1
print_r(FALSE)       displays nothing

But too me, it just seems inconsistant, bad practise and very
confusing.

I can find nothing in the documentation I have on, why it is like this,
as the text indicates 0 is to FALSE as 1 is to TRUE.

It is also obvious from your bug list, that the area of TRUE/FALSE and
1/0 has its problems.