 Updated by:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Reported By:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Bug Type:         Documentation problem
 Operating System: windows
 PHP Version:      4CVS-2002-08-20
-Assigned To:
+Assigned To:      goba
 New Comment:

Anyway, I'll add some documentation on this to the next release...

[2002-11-07 11:24:28] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The CHM is designed to be extensible in design, as we probably never be
able to come up with one design which fits everybody. Therefore you can
create your own skins. If you prefer the headernostalgia, then you are
in a good situation, as you can edit the CSS file right there. The
purpose's style is defined in the #funcPurpose style, the usage is
defined in the #funcUsage style. We also have .funcreturntype,
.funcparamtype and .funcparamname styles, so you can apply a different
style to every element of a function usage line...

[2002-11-04 10:49:51] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

(Changed email address)
Sort of - my confusion was merely that the usage and
purpose are presented as one block of text which made it
hard to pick out either usage or purpose quickly.

Surely a function's purpose is a more important thing than
its usage, and hence should be shown first and be clearly
separated?

I prefer the layout in the "Header Nostalgia" skin, though
it suffers a similar problem.

Really excellent docs, BTW.

[2002-10-31 11:41:10] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Is still still an issue in the 10th edition of the chm documentation
avaliable from http://weblabor.hu/php-doc-chm/ ?

[2002-08-20 13:00:25] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

[chm date: 2002-08-14]...
Just a note about the layout of the high skin.
I find having the function name and description together in the same
part of the top bar quite confusing. I keep expecting the function
definition to appear just under the bar. Perhaps at the top of the
body, or in a separate bar below the description would be better.
Either way, I find having it looking like just a second line of the
description is misleading.