ID:               15110
 Updated by:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Reported By:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Bug Type:         Documentation problem
 Operating System: Linux
 PHP Version:      4.1.1
 Assigned To:      john
 New Comment:

I'm going to update the docs to reflect this behavior.

[2002-08-23 08:03:44] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Update summary

[2002-02-08 07:06:25] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

If you have your own save handler functions, you can do what ever you
want with you functiions.

For example, if session is new (no record in your DB when read is
called), just insert it when close is called.

[2002-02-08 05:48:50] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I share a server with a couple of other sites using php and I'm the
only one using mysql to store sessions. By storing all my sessions in a
table, both empty and not, I get a measure of how many sessions my site
has started. This gives me a rough idea of how many vistors I have at a
specfic time, just by counting the rows in the table. Further on, I
differ logged in users by counting those who have the a flag
registered. This gives me fast and rough stats of how many users that
are visisting the site and how many of them who are logged in.
Now, when I get the empty sessions all mixed up with the other sites ut
gets way too rough. I have thought of a couple of possible solutions
with by always registering a variable to session but it makes it more
ineffcient than before.

I think you get the picture. Maybe you have a simple soloution, if so
please share =). I've gotta go now. Have a nice weekend.

[2002-02-08 02:19:03] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

What is the big problem here exactly? I fail to understand why this is
important for you.

Derick

[2002-02-07 05:40:15] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Ah well, since I'm the only one complaining I guess no one will do
anything about it. For me it's back to 4.0 because I really used the
previous way it worked. =/

/Fabbe

    http://bugs.php.net/15110

--