ID:               20794
 Updated by:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Reported By:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Bug Type:         Documentation problem
 Operating System: Linux, FreeBSD
 PHP Version:      4.3.0RC2
 New Comment:

What's the problem with the solution I showed you?
It should exactly give you the output expected from <xsl:output
method="html">

you don't have to insert output parameters from php.

Although, you do need PHP4.3 ...

chregu

[2002-12-03 15:03:25] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

IMHO it is not so perfect to insert output parameters from
application. However, the example you have given is working quite well
and that's what I wanted to achieve. On the other hand I think users
would appreciate having XSLT engine that is fully W3C compliant :)

I'm not into internals of PHP so my question is - is it very difficult
to make <xsl:output> working, or even - is it possible? :)

[2002-12-03 12:04:01] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Let's make it a Doc problem then

[2002-12-03 11:44:45] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Use

$xsldoc = domxml_xslt_stylesheet_file($filename);
$result =  $xsldoc->process($xmldoc[,$params]);
$xsldoc->result_dump_mem($result);

(or $xsldoc->result_dump_file($result,$filename);)

to get what you want.

(undocument, AFAIK...)

chregu

[2002-12-03 11:34:58] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

LibXML 2.4.28, LibXSLT 1.0.23 (both the most recent).

<xsl:output method="html"/> is not working
properly. The output should follow w3c rules
(http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#section-HTML-Output-Method)
but it doesn't.

However when using xsltproc (binary for testing transformations, it's
in LibXSLT package) output
is correct - that means that this is a PHP bug.

To be honest I think none of <xsl:output .../> attributes
is really working (like omit-xml-declaration or
cdata-section-elements).