ID:               21145
 Updated by:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Reported By:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
-Bug Type:         Unknown/Other Function
+Bug Type:         Documentation problem
 Operating System: Linux - Debian Woody
 PHP Version:      4CVS-2002-12-22 (stable)
 New Comment:

When you compile both the CGI and CLI (without specifying install paths
and without other sapi's) make install will overwrite the installed CLI
version with the CGI one (both are installed by default into
/usr/local/bin). You can solve this by make install-cli (to overwrite
the installed CGI again).

[2002-12-22 15:14:38] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Please explain to the doc team how to document this new behavior in
PHP, regarding the CLI/CGI build process.  And the various problems
(such as this ncurses one) that may/will arise.

[2002-12-22 12:55:46] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I just reconfigured with --enable-cli and recompiled with the same
results. It always says cgi in php -v, no matter if I configure it as a
CLI or not.

[2002-12-22 12:49:55] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Just in case I wasn't clear enough on what HTTP headers where printed,
they follow:

[2002-12-22 12:48:08] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

try running "php -v" I bet you're using the CGI.
Not a bug -> bogus.

Derick

[2002-12-22 12:46:22] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The CLI version of PHP always prints the headers. This may be related
to my configure settings, which follow.

'./configure' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-pcntl' '--enable-sysvsem'
'--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-sysvmsg' '--enable-tokenizer'
'--with-pear' '--with-curl' '--with-mysql' '--with-gettext'
'--with-mcrypt' '--with-mhash' '--with-ming'
'--with-ncurses=/root/ncurses-5.3' '--with-shmop' '--enable-sockets'