ID:               19252
 User updated by:  jc at mega-bucks dot co dot jp
 Reported By:      jc at mega-bucks dot co dot jp
 Bug Type:         Documentation problem
 Operating System: all
 PHP Version:      4.3.0
 New Comment:

Thanks! Keep up the good work. God knows *I* hate documentting my code
so I highly appreciate the work that goes in to PHP's documentation!

[2003-06-19 06:06:50] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Just incorporated your suggestion into the manual.
Next time the manual is build, the changes will show up on the
website.

Thanks for your report

[2003-06-17 04:35:20] jc at mega-bucks dot co dot jp

I agree that is *is* documented, even if a bit hidden. I am happy if
the documentation is left as is or changed to this:

"The default value must be a constant expression, not (for example) a
variable, class member, <NEW ADDITION> or function call </NEW
ADDITION>.

Thanks.

[2003-06-17 04:27:59] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

It seems this is documented at:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/functions.arguments.php#functions.arguments.default

Maybe a bit hidden

[2003-01-31 13:04:32] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Yeah, we may as well mention this here:

file:    phpdoc/{lang}/language/functions.xml
section: <sect2 id="functions.arguments.default">

[2002-09-26 19:56:13] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

No feedback was provided. The bug is being suspended because
we assume that you are no longer experiencing the problem.
If this is not the case and you are able to provide the
information that was requested earlier, please do so and
change the status of the bug back to "Open". Thank you.

    http://bugs.php.net/19252

--
Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=19252&edit=1