than giving more hours to work to dozens of translators, just because
this method seems to be cleaner. Or are you confident, noone really
cares about the diffs? Then why do we have those translation CVS
modules??

So you're saying we should keep the English docs a 'mess' because of the translations? I think that's a pretty weird way of handling this. The goal is to have a solid, nice, consistant manual; if people want to translate it: fine, but that should not hold back improvements on the English manual IMO.

That is not a real improvement, as the processing system can handle it, even if this is rude patchwork... I have actually stopped translating in the Hungarian team, because of these kind of modifications, as it was taking a huge amount of my time for pretty much no gain. I thought I better spend my time on something useful.

It's a pity, that mostly people with no translation experience responded to this thread....

Goba