ID:               24970
 User updated by:  danielc at analysisandsolutions dot com
 Bug Type:         Documentation problem
 Operating System: Windows
 PHP Version:      Irrelevant
 New Comment:

Changed Summary.

[2003-08-07 02:26:36] danielc at analysisandsolutions dot com

------------
Hi Folks:

I would like to strongly urge install.windows.php be changed in regards
to how DLL's and paths are handled.

The current recommendations say users should move the various needed
DLLs into a location that's within the path, like c:\winnt\system32.

This is cumbersome and prone to error, particularly when upgrading.

The FAR simpler solution is to change the path itself.  All one needs
to do is add ";c:\php;c:\php\dlls" to the end of one's path statement
and you're good to go!

Now, one can switch between PHP versions just by moving the old
installation into a different directory and unziping the new version
into c:\php.

This is what I've done on my system and it works great.

Thanks,

--Dan