hello,

I'm a involved on the php-general list helping people
out. After repeated questions being asked on that list kind of
force me to join this list to see what has/is been going on with
the documentation. Plus I would be able to help with making the
documentation clearer.

One of the big problems on the list is sessions.  The documentation
as it exists now is rather confusing and misleading with the
differences between php versions and session handling.  So I'm rather
inspired right now to re-write the session documentation to clarify
how sessions behave.

In Handling different methods of session data there are currently
three different ways:

  Currently something like
     session_start();
     $_SESSION['var'] = 'yada';

  before:
    session_start();
    $HTTP_SESSION_VARS['var'] = 'yada';

  and if register globals is on:
    session_start();
    session_register('var');
    $var = 'yada';

The last example, i usually discourage people using and wonder if
that should even be documented on the 'session' page. I'm also not
sure if that should be a deprecated functionality of php since
register_globals was defaulted to off.

There are other things that I would like to help with but as soon
as i get a cvs account and more involved at how things work, I'll
be sure to make everyone aware of them :)

Curt
--
"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure."