ID:               23907
 Comment by:       bs_469 at hotmail dot com
 Reported By:      bryn at mrpath dot com
 Bug Type:         Documentation problem
 Operating System: Windows Server 2003
 PHP Version:      4.3.2
 New Comment:

Thanks for the Help, I have been trying to fix this problem for over a
week now. Your the greatest..

[2003-08-07 00:31:13] palash at cargofusion dot com

well i find this lines on install.txt
--------------------------------------
Note that this version does *NOT* install any extensions or server
 api versions of PHP.
-palash

[2003-06-28 13:26:30] nospam at teddyb dot com

This worked great to solve my problem, thanks!

[2003-06-27 13:25:00] bryn at mrpath dot com

So, I think it's specific to windows server 2003 due to being
preconfigured for "security". Having said that, I don't think you can
get IIS 6 for other platforms (not speaking with knowledge here) since
win2k3 comes with IIS6 I doubt many people are going to be running
other versions of IIS. It is specific to IIS though, as win2k3 won't be
able to prevent Apache from serving up php.

Regarding if it applies to ISAPI, I don't know. I vaguely recall
thinking that it might apply only to cgi only to be surprised that it
was censoring ISAPI as well. I'll try and look in to this when I get
back from vacation.

[2003-06-27 13:12:58] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The following article explains how to do it for both ISAPI and CGI,
this type of information needs to live in the PHP manual:

http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/dreamweaver/articles/php_iis.html

Various user comments also refer to this type of information.  AFAICT,
this new information is specific to IIS 5 and above and we can add a
IIS 5 or newer subsection here:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.iis.php

[2003-06-27 12:49:30] martin dot richter at inka dot de

Thanks for this information ... helped a lot !

    http://bugs.php.net/23907

--
Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=23907&edit=1