ID:               25961
 Updated by:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Reported By:      daredevil at rozmova dot if dot ua
-Bug Type:         Semaphore related
+Bug Type:         Documentation problem
 Operating System: FreeBSD, cygwin
 PHP Version:      4.3.3
 New Comment:

It seems strange that IPC_CREATE flag is always set, but it's removal
will break backwards compatibility. The only way I see that this
problem could be resolved is by adding another optional argument to the
function, which would disable  IPC_CREATE flag.

[2003-10-23 02:51:32] daredevil at rozmova dot if dot ua

------------
in the sem_get function, according to the source code,
semaphore *always* getting with IPC_CREATE flag. That is unnecessary in
situations, when I wanna get an existing semaphore, not to create a new
one.

Also in the Documentation You should mention, that a PHP semaphore is
really THREE of them! Because when writing an client-server app (php as
a client platform ang C/C++ as a server platform), and a semaphore is
created in C++ as semget(key, 1(!), IPC_CREATE | 0666) - I need onle
one! When trying to reach it in php sem_get(key) php handles an "ivalid
argument exception" because php wanna re-create the semaphore set from
1 to 3.

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=25961&edit=1