ID:               18722
 Updated by:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Reported By:      pccg dot warrior at free dot fr
 Bug Type:         Documentation problem
 Operating System: win2000 server
 PHP Version:      4.3.0
 New Comment:

As of PHP 4.3.4 the installer is no longer dependent on
any ocx controls.

[2003-01-31 13:18:24] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Let's make a faq out of this as it appears others have this problem
too.

Some good information also provided in here by Phil Driscoll:
http://www.phpbuilder.com/mail/php-install/2000111/0118.php

[2002-09-09 01:00:07] php-bugs at lists dot php dot net

No feedback was provided for this bug for over a month, so it is
being suspended automatically. If you are able to provide the
information that was originally requested, please do so and change
the status of the bug back to "Open".

[2002-08-04 05:17:37] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

It turns out that this file can be downloaded from
http://www.compuniac.com/yahtzee/download/mscomctl.ocx among other
places. Could you please try the described fix and tell us if it
worked.

[2002-08-04 05:03:59] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I found this on phpbuilder.com. Cannot verify if it works since I have
no such problems:

Find a copy of MSCOMCTL.OCX. You can get it off of an existing Windows
2000 computer or from the web. I downloaded the Visual Basic 6 Service
Pack 5 and extracted it out of MSCOMCTL.ZIP.

Copy MSCOMCTL.OCX into the C:\winnt\system32 folder and run:

REGSVR32 C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\MSCOMCTL.OCX

[2002-08-03 19:02:57] pccg dot warrior at free dot fr

he dont tell me which ocx i need.

    http://bugs.php.net/18722

--
Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=18722&edit=1