ID:               25653
 Updated by:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Reported By:      h_hoefer at hotmail dot com
 Bug Type:         Documentation problem
 Operating System: n/a
 PHP Version:      Irrelevant
 New Comment:

This bug has been fixed in CVS.

In case this was a PHP problem, snapshots of the sources are packaged
every three hours; this change will be in the next snapshot. You can
grab the snapshot at http://snaps.php.net/.

In case this was a documentation problem, the fix will show up soon at
http://www.php.net/manual/.

In case this was a PHP.net website problem, the change will show
up on the PHP.net site and on the mirror sites in short time.

Thank you for the report, and for helping us make PHP better.

[2003-12-13 15:43:50] h_hoefer at hotmail dot com

Though I _really_ don't understand why I have to report a bug in the
german documentation in english, here's my try of a translation:

The german version of the documentation for the function
"get_parent_class" doesn't contain the fact, that you can pass a string
with a classname instead of an object as a parameter. Since this can
save one a lot of instantiation problems I do think, it's important to
add this to the german documentation, too.

[2003-12-07 16:39:14] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In english please...

[2003-09-25 07:31:23] h_hoefer at hotmail dot com

In der deutschen Version des Manuals fehlt der Hinweis, daß man auch
ohne eine Instanz die Superklasse einer beliebigen Klasse
herausbekommen kann (als obj muß dann ein String mit dem Klassennamen
übergeben werden).

Kann einem viel Instanziierung sparen ;-)

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=25653&edit=1