On 1 Feb 2004, at 12:09, Mehdi Achour wrote:

Derick Rethans wrote:
On Sat, 31 Jan 2004, Mehdi Achour wrote:
a big big big +1 here :) It will be great to allow some ssh access for
some active persons of the doc team. Having the doc.php.net on another
(isolated) machine will also make happy systems@ IMHO :)
Why do you need ssh access?

Because you always say that you're too busy ? :)
It's also handy for webmastering to have the ability of quickly updating the site. For the last problem with bugs.php.net, all I was able to do was sitting there at three a.m. in the morning fighting my sleep to see if the errors were fixed. If only I was able to do something like :

ssh bugs.php.net
cd /var/www/
cvs up -PAd

Which would break everything because all the systems are running a very precise set of scripts and structures that someone not familiar with would essentially break.

I understand that systems staff can be a little unresponsive - we do, after all, have day jobs. If some other members of the project wished to become responsible for infrastructure, i'm sure we'd consider additions to the group.