ID:               27097
 Updated by:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Reported By:      trancer at trancer dot nl
 Bug Type:         Documentation problem
 Operating System: Windows XP
 PHP Version:      4.3.4
 New Comment:

What should we do then?

Maybe its better to add a note to
http://php.net/manual/en/language.types.php explaining that long is
similar to an integer.

Ideas?

[2004-01-30 11:14:57] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Derick: Then why does zend_zval_type_name return "integer"?

[2004-01-30 11:13:31] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

When i think more about it, it doesn't really make sense for checkdate
to accept "1e1" (which is "numeric" but not an integer) but not "1d1",
so it is either too strict or not strict enough. Any thoughts?

[2004-01-30 11:13:05] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

No, the error message is correct. We use a long, internal type is long,
parse_parameters uses the "l" as type specifier... the docs needs
fixing.

[2004-01-30 11:03:51] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Note that "int" in php is a "signed long int"(32 bit), so int and long
are equivalent. But i think you shouldn't have to know C to read error
messages, so IMO the error message should change. I'll send a patch for
that to the list.

Additionally, checkdate() doesn't convert to int like other php
functions do, but since it's a validating function, that strictness is
desirable behaviour imo, but should be documented. I'll add a note to
the manual.

[2004-01-30 10:48:55] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

should the proto be number ?

    http://bugs.php.net/27097