ID:               20189
 Updated by:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Reported By:      luca dot mariano at email dot it
 Bug Type:         Documentation problem
 Operating System: all
 PHP Version:      4.3.0
 Assigned To:      jason
 New Comment:

Status -> Closed, per [EMAIL PROTECTED] "...which closes this bug..."

[2003-01-23 17:07:33] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Granted this was assigned to Jason, I added some documenation on this
fact which closes this bug but I'm rewriting the summary as all the
pcntl docs need updating.

The following changes took place.

http://cvs.php.net/cvs.php/phpdoc/en/reference/pcntl/reference.xml

http://cvs.php.net/cvs.php/phpdoc/en/reference/pcntl/functions/pcntl-signal.xml

You will see similarities between the changes and Jasons email :)  Note
I added "declare(ticks = 1)" in a couple examples.  I believe Jason
will eventually rewrite these but at least they should work now.

[2002-10-31 08:17:45] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

There has been (udocumented) change to pcntl extension. Take a look at
http://www.zend.com/lists/php-dev/200208/msg00937.html

Changing to documentation problem and assigning to Jason.

[2002-10-31 07:09:01] luca dot mariano at email dot it

I'm currently working with PHP-CLI in order to write a comprensive
multithread server framework, using the following PHP modules:

-PCNTL (for process forking)

-SOCKETS (for managing of sockets...)

-SYSVSEM (semaphores to syncronyze threads)

-SYSVSHM (for sharing data between threads)

-XMLRPC (the best object broking for me)

I noticed a strange behaviour of my apps when i use the PHP4.3
executable; the following test script does not work under 4.3, while it
works under 4.2.

<?php

define (PULL_TIME,"1");         //event check frequency (secs)

function usr1_handle($signal){

         if ($signal==SIGUSR1)

         print time() . "-Received signal!\n";

}

print "Server starting at " . time() . " ...\n";

$pid=pcntl_fork();

if ($pid==0) {

        // this is the child

   pcntl_signal(SIGUSR1, "usr1_handle");

sleep(5);

$i = 0;

while(true) {sleep(1);}

} else {

        //this is the parent

sleep(5);

while(true) {

   posix_kill($pid,SIGUSR1);

   sleep(PULL_TIME);

}

}

?>

No backtrace avaible, PHP does not crash, simply do nothing.

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=20189&edit=1