"Mehdi Achour" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I'm 100% with Gabor here. We should only focus on the rendering part
> now. The build system will remain the same for the moment.
>
> Moshe, can you please wait for an answer before commiting ? Next time,
> please propose the patch *before* commiting it, it will avoid us to
> commit, revert, re-commit and it will be more easy to keep an eyes on
> livedocs sources :)

sorry for the wrong commit.
the reason i'm not removing the files is just to let someone with filesystem
access do the removal on the filesystyem level for not spam the attic.

anyway what you opinion about adding i18n.php file with array that will hold
languages charset and direction?

> Thank you a lot for you efforts :)
>
> didou
>

> Gabor Hojtsy wrote:
> >> Are you planing to use on the old build system forever? Shouldn't
livdocs
> >> replace completely the old system sometime?
> >

> > Livedocs is currently not aimed at replacing the complete build system.
> > Livedocs itself needs command line tools to build the index and
> > configure the system. It does not know that much about the built
> > documentation, and it does not need to know that much. Livedocs was
> > planned to be available for not only phpdoc but for other projects as
> > well (smarty, peardoc and php-gtk are the next target beyond phpdoc).
> >
> > We are not planning to use the current build system forever, we don't
> > have plans for the infinite future. Since we are not in a position to
> > require PHP 5 to run livedocs (it needs to run on all PHP.net mirror
> > sites and client machines as well), we cannot eliminate the need to use
> > libxml2 and some command line tools to glue these together.
> >
> > The configure and make tools in the phpdoc build system do a lot to
> > ensure that partial results are cached, and reused as possible. If we
> > would employ a dumb PHP based build system, these advantages would be
> > lost. There is no PHP based build system yet running with PHP 4.x.x
AFAIK.