From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: irrelevant
PHP version:      Irrelevant
PHP Bug Type:     Documentation problem
Bug description:  TASK: identify orphan user notes and mass assign

------------
{I open this up here, so someone can assign it to himself and hopefully
complete the task. Plus we will not forget :) This is the best task
management software we have now...}

While moving around and restructuring stuff in the manual, notes have been
orphaned in the past and notes will be orphaned in the future. Currently
we need to ask system admins to change the note association, so they are
displayed under the new IDs. Since we have not done so some times in the
past, there must be quite a few orphan attachments (and there is going to
be more with current restructuring).

We do need a tool to identify orphan user notes. Since the notes are glued
to the manual IDs, it is just a matter of comparing the list of current
manual IDs and IDs in the note table. I am sure that some orpahns will be
uncovered.

First we need a GUI to edit the manual IDs of these notes, so we can
attach them to new places, then we need a mass reattachment feature, where
we can specify the old and new ID and the program automatically updates
all notes pointing to the old ID to point to the new one. For page splits
we still need the manual interface to distribute the notes to the splitted
pages as needed.

This task is up for someone to grab :) Completion would greatly help the
install stuff restructuring, so we would have better chances of assigning
new IDs.

--
Edit bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=28519&edit=1
--