hi!

i (and some other guys) are currently programming some neat website
engine and we really need an extensive documentation (like a few hundred
pages). i want to have it done in docbook since i'm quite a xml-fanatic
and think it's a good idea to stick to standards.

so i downloaded the php documentation just to have a look at how these
things work. but it was just too much. i have no idea what all the sh
coding is about.

now i thought maybe someone wants to join into the project and help me
to create and maintain a documentation which looks like the following:

- i need 3 books, one users manual, one developers guide and one
  designers guide to our template-language

- i need to be able to have these three parts available as one thing,
  as single books and of course in all medias (like web, printing,
  ascii)

- i need an appendix which works like the php function reference with
  classes and functions inside these classes

- the whole thing needs to be translated, so that has to be thought of

- i write the documentation, all i need is the framework

i cannot offer anything but alot of fun and my appreciation in return
since the project is licenced under the gpl. i think summarized the php
documentation is exactly what i need :)

this website engine i was talking about is really complex and i think
one of the most important keys to success is an extensive documentation!

a short summary of "jonax", the project: a website engine which is build
up 100% OOP and is extensive to the last. using a web interface packages
can be downloaded and directly installed (kinda aptitude-like).
andd of course it features everything a modern webste engine (some call
it CMS) needs: SEO, template engine with scripting language, database
abstraction, localisation, different authentification backends, user
management with groups using ACL, themes,templates,styles, community
features (avatars, ranks, points), security features (security code on
login, multi-login block ..., extensive website statistics...

as you can see a documentation is really necessary!

thanks in advance!

--
sincerely yours, jonas