Editor: main job is to look around, warn people of their mistakes, fix mistakes when they occur, help people decide on architectural stuff, etc.

Author: works on his own, main job is adding documentation, examples, etc. gets help from the editors in case of questions

So the author creates the content, while the editor helps fitting it into the frame and correcting stuff when needed. There will probably be people who think they fit into both roles. It should be noted that IMHO we should use the same separation for active and inactive authors/editors as we do with the user note maintainers (active are those who were here the past half year, others are inactive).

The lists aren't in alphabetical order :)

I have done my best to have them in alphabetical order (by *family name* as it is supposed to be). If you spot errors, feel free to fix the order.

Goba