I started new thread on this to help keep discussionn on topics
more narrow, I hope nobody minds this:

Proposed layout:
   Description (full)
   Parameter List
   Return Values
   Changelog
   Examples
   See Also

The two major differnces in opions I saw were where Paramater List
and Changelog located at.

I'm rather favoring moving the Parameter List above the Description
(full).  My reasoning is that when one reads the description, which
often references the parameters, it makes sense that the parameters
purpose is read first.  There probably would have to be a policy to
keep pararmeter definitions brief, as to avoid long paragaphs.

The other change I'd would prefer, is having changelog last. It
usually contains last minute information, that one would seek in
finding compatiblity changes. They seem not as signifcant as the
current information, but very useful to have.

And to add to the layout, would be to add  a 'notes' section to the
layout.  Although nifty to break a paragraph to remind someone
about a 'gotcha' note. It could be more reliable to have a standard
place to put these.

Do note: A lot of these opinions are based off of the standard man
pages found on unix.

The *full* doc layout will then be:

  Name
  Description [brief] (refpurpos if defined)
  proto definition
  Parameter List
  Return Values
  Descriptionn [full]
  Notes
  Example
  See Also
  Changelog

Curt
--
First, let me assure you that this is not one of those shady pyramid schemes
you've been hearing about.  No, sir.  Our model is the trapezoid!