Ilia,

I reviewed the patches and applied 7 of them, thanks guys.
The Cygwin patch was not applied because I have not way to test it and the last person I spoke to who build the manual on win32 via Cygwin had no issues.

What in HEAD is broken?

Thank you very much. I know you're busy, I really appreciate your attention.

HEAD, see http://news.php.net/php.doc/969363165
Nuno did not have these problems, but Curt Zirzow helped me install, and he had some of the same problems (VACUUM, etc) -- perhaps my software was out of date.

Follow, Nuno example :-). He is doing great work, which for the most part gets into CVS once Wez or I have the time to review it.

It seemed that this process was not working, hence my email. I was wrong. Now that we've seen this process work, it seems productive to contribute. Thanks again. (-:

There are some critical bugs in the code in particular dealing with pregeneration logic that fails to create some pages. While it's mostly self contained inside pregenerate.php there are some spillbacks to other files. Until that is resolved I'd like to keep once branch only, once that is fixed we can tag a "stable" release as that's the only major issue I am aware of at this point.

That sounds great (the tags, not the bugs (-: ). I look forward to a livedocs-stable.

Thanks again, Ilia.
Nuno, thanks to you, too.