From:             gabe at horizondatacom dot com
Operating system: Windows 2003
PHP version:      5.0.1
PHP Bug Type:     Documentation problem
Bug description:  Cannot get PHP-CGI.exe to run properly for PHP 5

------------
I'm having a problem to get PHP 5.0.1 to work for IIS6 in Windows 2003.
I've been successful in getting ISAPI to run but I need the stability of
CGI for my projects.  I've followed the instructions to setup ISAPI with
good luck here:

IIS6 ISAPI SETUP
http://www.visualwin.com/PHP-ISAPI/

IIS6 CGI SETUP
http://www.visualwin.com/PHP/

But I've also tried to follow the instructions on the same  site for
setting up CGI but I keep getting an error.  Here is the error message I
get after trying to setup CGI.

******** IIS ERROR MESSAGE ******************

You are not authorized to view this page
credentials that you supplied.

Please try the following:

    * Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able
to view this directory or page.
    * Click the Refresh button to try again with different credentials.

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

******** IIS ERROR MESSAGE ******************

I have double checked all permissions on the executables and the scripts
as well.  All have access and permissions for the web service to read and
execute.  I've also tried to see if IIS6 was not allowing it because of
the web service permissions.  So I allowed ALL services access and I'm
still having the same result.   Is there somthing that I'm missing from
the installation documentation?

Also, to eliminate the fact the IIS was doing this to every file, I
renamed my phpinfo() file to a .HTML and I was able to view the source
code.  So it is definitly not somthing wrong with folder permissions.

I'm using PHP-CGI.exe for windows environments too.

Reproduce code:
---------------
<?php

   phpinfo();

?>

Expected result:
----------------
I should expect to see the PHP info page, but instead I see an IIS
permission denied error.

Actual result:
--------------

--