I was reading the TODO list earlier today and noticed the item
about adding &note.not-threadsafe; to stuff that isn't thread safe.
And a new module is added in PECL mentioning it probably isn't
thread safe. So that got me thinking...

grepping for threadsafe seems to result in NULL. So I'm assuming
this task hasn't been started.

So, what we might want to do is assume all modules/functions are not thread
safe. And add an entity that signifies the whole module or
paticular function *is* thread safe.

Using this approach might seem more feasable, since basically an
audit must be done in order to flag the section as thread safe.

This might need some cooperation with internals and a method of
flaging modules/functions as thread safe within php-src, cause
ideally I'm looking at a situation where a person can configure php
like:

  ./configure --thread-safe-only ...

So if one truely desires to use a threaded SAPI (apache2) with PHP
they can figure out what should and shouldn't be compiled until the
ideal situation is obtained.

Any thoughts on this?

Curt
--
First, let me assure you that this is not one of those shady pyramid schemes
you've been hearing about.  No, sir.  Our model is the trapezoid!