ID:               30941
 Updated by:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Reported By:      matthias dot wiesner at epost dot de
 Bug Type:         Documentation problem
 Operating System: irrelevant
 PHP Version:      Irrelevant
 New Comment:

This bug has been fixed in the documentation's XML sources. Since the
online and downloadable versions of the documentation need some time
to get updated, we would like to ask you to be a bit patient.

Thank you for the report, and for helping us make our documentation
better.

Fixed by Sean.

[2004-11-30 11:38:45] matthias dot wiesner at epost dot de

------------
Regarding the upper section in
http://de3.php.net/manual/en/ref.image.php:

"Versions of GD older than gd-1.6 support GIF format images, and do not
support PNG, where versions greater than gd-1.6 support PNG, not GIF."

This sentence should be corrected, since it lets misunderstandings
arise - in connection with the lower part in
http://de3.php.net/manual/en/ref.image.php
"Only supported in GD versions older than gd-1.6. Read-only GIF support
is available with PHP 4.3.0 and the bundled GD-library. Write support is
avaliable since PHP 4.3.9 and PHP 5.0.1."

since gd-version 2.0.28, the gif-support in gd-lib is again restored
(see http://www.boutell.com/gd/).

This sentence is found in all prooved languages-doc (english, french,
german, russian, italian)

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=30941&edit=1