ID:          30456
 Updated by:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Bug Type:    Livedocs problem
 PHP Version: Irrelevant
 Assigned To: ilia
 New Comment:

This bug has been fixed in CVS.

Snapshots of the sources are packaged every three hours; this change
will be in the next snapshot. You can grab the snapshot at
http://snaps.php.net/.

Thank you for the report, and for helping us make PHP better.

[2004-10-19 06:03:03] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Nuno,

You might be seing my changes I made for the patch. The problem is that
hightlight_string() doesn't put   in all places where a space
occurs, causing in some places a ' ' to get compressed thus loosing
indententation.

Here is an example of the white space compression (example Extending
the Exception class):
http://livedocs.homelinux.com/en/language.oop5.exceptions.html

Note:
  1) indentation in actual code is four spaces. this only produces 3.
  2) the  comments withing /* */ get malformed.

CSS might be able to fix this problem, I'll look into instead of
translating all spaces to    I'm not sure exactly why the original
translations of '\n ' to '<br>&nbsp;' was there but I'm assuming its due
to the behaviour of highlight_string().

[2004-10-19 05:08:37] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Whitespce in any element which hasn't set preserve to true will be
ignored in most circumstances. Using &nbsp; won't be ignored, or
setting preserve-whitespace in the CSS. Then you can not use &nbsp; at
all.

[2004-10-17 12:48:12] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sorry for my stupidity, but I couldn't find where the problem is... and
nor how the patch would fix the problem.

The patch will also create a bigger page (by replacing ' &nbsp;' with
two &nbsp;)

[2004-10-17 06:25:38] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

here is a patch to fix the white space issue:

http://www.powertrip.co.za/livedocs/viewpatch.php?patch=17

[2004-10-17 04:48:02] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://livedocs.zirzow.dyndns.org/index.php?l=en&q=language.oop5.exceptions

Look at the docblock, the first space is truncated. All the
programlistings have 3 spaces for the first indent, though 4 are in the
code.

    http://bugs.php.net/30456

--
Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=30456&edit=1