||*()*|| Hi, Jakub.

>> is_uploaded_file is a register_globals artifact, and shouldn't need to
>> be used with the $_FILES array.

JV> Sounds like it will be best to remove this example and write that
JV> is_uploaded_file() is unnecessary if $_FILES array is used instead.

Hmm.. Is it possible to forge $_FILES contents by supplying some wrong
POST data? Almost the same question is here.. =)
http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/29201/fid/62
To tell the truth I'd like to see some kind of algorithm or research on
the way PHP validates uploads and fills $_FILES array. With my skills I
can only see, that this happens in rfc1867.c

So is_uploaded_file function is useful only when
$_FILES['userfile']['tmp_name'] path is passed from some other function.
I can rewrite an example. BTW, it was written because the old one is
for PHP < 4.0.3 and there are no other examples on the page.