ID:               30955
 User updated by:  danielc at analysisandsolutions dot com
 Reported By:      danielc at analysisandsolutions dot com
 Bug Type:         Documentation problem
 Operating System: Windows
 PHP Version:      Irrelevant
 New Comment:

Can someone please apply the patch?

[2004-12-29 20:43:57] danielc at analysisandsolutions dot com

Nicely put nlopess.  By the way, I've tweaked the patch in the last few
minutes.  So, if it gets used, please obtain a fresh copy from the URI,
above.

[2004-12-29 20:25:28] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I've checked libsqlite code. It is using GetTempPath() on windows to
get a temporary file.
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/fileio/base/gettemppath.asp)

According to MSDN docs the order is:
1. The path specified by the TMP environment variable.
2. The path specified by the TEMP environment variable.
3. The path specified by the USERPROFILE environment variable.
4. The Windows directory.

So, I think this should be documented.

[2004-12-29 18:02:01] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Isn't this more a SQLLite problem than a documentation problem/PHP
Problem?

[2004-12-02 22:47:46] danielc at analysisandsolutions dot com

I'm talking about Windows 2000 Pro and XP Pro.

TEMP _might_ be set if the web server is running under the SYSTEM
account.  But if the web server service is running under an unprivilged
user account TEMP isn't automatically available.

If TEMP isn't set, the sqlite extension goes to write the temporary
files into the windows directory.  Not a good idea.

[2004-12-02 18:59:53] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

But windows *always* set the TEMP var by default, doesn't it?
I never had such problems on windows...

To which version of windows are you refering to? Windows 9x?

    http://bugs.php.net/30955

--
Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=30955&edit=1