On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, [ISO-8859-2] Maciej 'mco' ?wi?tochowski wrote:

> Derick Rethans wrote:
> > No, I will (and can) not do that - we're building UTF-8 encoded manuals form
> > now on.
>
> You're rebuilding the manuals - ok, nice move. But is it good reason to keep
> some parts of documentation unusable? Just take a look:
> http://www.php.net/manual/pl/language.basic-syntax.php
>
> Is it possible to read this text (I know that you maybe don't know polish, but
> jsut look at those "characters" which take place where polish diacritics
> should be)? Sometimes it's not too complicated, but sometims it's a big
> problem to decrypt what's written there.

Just make your browser select iso-8859-2 then - mozilla and firefox
can do this just fine.

> The page encoding is iso-8859-2, but browser is told that it should be utf-8.
> Couldn't you either add the proper encoding metatag or rebuild the manuals (or
> tell how is it complicateg and give some ETA)? Polish manual is "damaged"
> since the end of February :/

As I said, I CANNOT add a encoding meta tag, and rebuilding manuals
takes time. If the polish translators have their translation fixed (it
now throws build errors) I'll rebuild it. Until then you simply have to
wait.

Derick

--
Derick Rethans