Hello, phpdoc@lists.php.net

    Today I will speak about funcsummary.txt, Zend Engine
documentation and function prototypes. At this time we have
funcsummary.txt, which is generated by scanning sourcefiles
of PHP for comments with lines like

/* {{{ proto string zend_version(void)
   Get the version of the Zend Engine */

/* {{{ proto string bzread(int bz[, int length])
   Reads up to length bytes from a BZip2 stream, or 1024 bytes if length is not
specified */

   Should there be a page in Zend API (I hope it is the proper place)
describing this format for function prototypes? I haven't found any.
But! After I spent some time looking into PHP sources there is a file
called CODING_STANDARDS, which describes "why and how" pretty well.
   Is it suitable for PECL and other third-party extensions to
follow this standard? Can it be added to Zend API docs as
recommendations?
   After studying PECL site a bit I found some resources and tutorials
http://pecl.php.net/support.php#tutorials which can be merged with
Zend API to make this tutorial/manual even better. The only problem
is what myself has little skills with extension writing, and language
barrier is still too high to make the text readable after refactoring
of mine. =) But this can be put on some TODO if anybody will have
a desire to play with Zend API docs.

--[ http://wiki.phpdoc.info/DocLinks ]--