ID:               31697
 Updated by:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Reported By:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Bug Type:         Documentation problem
 Operating System: n/a
 PHP Version:      Irrelevant
 Assigned To:      tularis
 New Comment:

This bug has been fixed in the documentation's XML sources. Since the
online and downloadable versions of the documentation need some time
to get updated, we would like to ask you to be a bit patient.

Thank you for the report, and for helping us make our documentation
better.

"As of PHP 5, it is possible to <link
linkend="language.oop5.iterations">iterate objects</link> too."

[2005-01-26 09:47:31] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I agree with philip on this, and believe it should at least be
mentioned. When a person new to PHP reads the manual, they won't
automatically go to the PHP5-section to read up on the changes since
PHP4, they'll instead want to read them in the manual itself, in the
places that it actually applies to.

[2005-01-26 02:14:13] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Jed, there is no such general rule. If you find places in the manual
that "aren't clear" on this then please fix it or submit a bug report.
The only real difference between PHP 4 and PHP 5 is the OOP model which
is why a separate OOP section exists.

[2005-01-26 01:09:12] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

It's mentioned in the PHP 5 docs, and includes implementing Iterator
from the SPL.

http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.oop5.iterations.php

I think the general rule is place things where it doesn't seem like
they'd be, since PHP 5 is so radically different it deserves its own
manual section, and the rest of the manual isn't clear on what PHP 4
and PHP 5 is anymore.

[2005-01-25 23:51:07] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

assigning to myself (so I don't forget)

[2005-01-25 23:50:42] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

------------
The foreach documentation page doesn't mention the fact that foreach
can also be used to iterate trough an object's properties.

Reproduce code:
-

Expected result:
foreach contains a notice about objects