What that code did was to automatically include the pecl docs that are in the ../pecl dir (if it exists).
This isn't the behaviour we want IMHO, because the docs should go in the phpdoc dir. And as we can't fix those errors, I think its better to disable this 'feature' (its annoying to always get a lot of errors when doing a 'make test').

If somebody wants to make the manual with those pecl docs, just configure --with-pecl.

Ah, right, PECL karma is not granted for phpdoc people (only phpdev guys). I wonder why people put their extension docs into the PECL CVS module...

Goba