Randy Nielsen wrote:

Hi All,

My name is Randy Nielsen and I am a documentation manager at Macromedia. I mostly work on ColdFusion, JRun, and Flex, but along the way, I have inherited responsibility for our documentation commenting system, which we call LiveDocs (http://livedocs.macromedia.com/ ). This system is very similar to the one you use for PHP, and it has proven invaluable in a variety of ways.

You’re probably wondering where I’m going with this.

We are currently drowning in a sea of support questions, bug notifications, and feature requests. At least 60% of our comments have nothing to do with the docs and as part of figuring a way out of this problem, I looked at your site and came upon this page: http://www.php.net/manual/add-note.php?sect=function.base64-encode&redirect=http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.base64-encode.php <http://www.php.net/manual/add-note.php?sect=function.base64-encode&redirect=http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.base64-encode.php>

I felt like I’d found a long-lost brother or sister. Do you mind if I ask you a few questions about how this is working? I imagine we can commiserate, too.

Before I go any further, please let me know if you have time for this discussion.

Thanks very much,

Randy Nielsen

Senior IMD Manager

Macromedia, Inc

Hi Randy,

Please let us know what you have in mind.

Regards
--jm

--
Jacques Marneweck