ID:               33818
 Updated by:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Reported By:      massimo dot ferrario at inforeti dot it
 Bug Type:         Documentation problem
 Operating System: linux
 PHP Version:      Irrelevant
 New Comment:

This bug has been fixed in the documentation's XML sources. Since the
online and downloadable versions of the documentation need some time
to get updated, we would like to ask you to be a bit patient.

Thank you for the report, and for helping us make our documentation
better.

It depends also on PDFlib version. With PDFlib version >= 5, no
parameters are optional. I documented that.

[2005-07-22 12:08:26] massimo dot ferrario at inforeti dot it

------------
I'm getting a lot of warning/errors from pdf related functions after
upgrading to php 4.4.0. It appears that at least some of the changes
reported in the documentation were backported from version 5 to version
4.4.

Compare for instance the following warning:
PHP Warning:  pdf_stringwidth() expects exactly 4 parameters, 2 given
in MYFILE on line MYLINE

with what is written in the online docs at
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.pdf-stringwidth.php

float pdf_stringwidth ( resource pdfdoc, string text, int font, float
size )
Returns the width of text using the last font set by pdf_setfont(). If
the optional parameters font and size are specified, the width will be
calculated using that font and size instead. Please note that font is a
font handle returned by pdf_findfont(). Parameters font and size were
optional before PHP 5.

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=33818&edit=1