ID:               34081
 User updated by:  adrian dot worley at get2net dot dk
 Reported By:      adrian dot worley at get2net dot dk
 Bug Type:         Documentation problem
 Operating System: Windows
 PHP Version:      Irrelevant
 New Comment:

I did not imply it was a bug. I figured that if an issue was turning up
often enough to be in a FAQ, it may as well have the complete solution
there rather then the partial solution shown now.

[2005-08-12 02:46:15] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sorry, but your problem does not imply a bug in PHP itself.  For a
list of more appropriate places to ask for help using PHP, please
visit http://www.php.net/support.php as this bug system is not the
appropriate forum for asking support questions.  Due to the volume
of reports we can not explain in detail here why your report is not
a bug.  The support channels will be able to provide an explanation
for you.

Thank you for your interest in PHP.

This is mentioned at http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.mysql.php under
Installation on Windows Systems > PHP 5

[2005-08-11 16:38:53] adrian dot worley at get2net dot dk

add the 7ext sub-dir to PATH

should, of course, be

add the /ext sub-dir to PATH

[2005-08-11 16:34:48] adrian dot worley at get2net dot dk

------------
67 Database Issues.

When enabling MySQL on a Windows box the Docs/FAQ correctly state...

Windows users may enable the extension php_mysql.dll inside php.ini.

... and then how to add the PHP directory to the PATH variable. Upon
doing so and rebooting, PHP fails to start stating that php_mysql.dll
cannot be found.

This is because the .dll is in the /ext sub-directory. I suggest the
FAQ is modified to advise the user to either...

change extension_dir from "./" to "./ext/" -OR-
move php_mysql.dll to the PHP directory -OR-
add the 7ext sub-dir to PATH

... I chose the first.

Minor issue, but may help a few.

Reproduce code: