Der Ernst wrote:
Hello PHP Documentation Team

I noticed 2 different issues in the documentation (of which I use the German online version):

1. Encoding of pages:
The encoding for the documentation text and the user notes are different. This is very obvious at the strtr() function page http://php.benscom.com/manual/de/function.strtr.php: In normal mode (utf-8 encoding) all special characters in the user notes are wrong. If I change IE's encoding setting manually to Western European (ISO or Windows), the user notes will be displayed correctly (more or less...), but non-ASCII characters in the main text are wrong then. This might be solveable by adding add-charset="UTF-8" to the form tag of the add user note page.

2. German documentation of trim() function:
http://php.benscom.com/manual/de/function.trim.php
In the german version the second attribute is not documented. Manually choosing the english documentation shows a much more detailled documentation of the trim() function.

Thanks for your attention!
Markus Ernst

Please, file a bug report at http://bugs.php.net.
This will help us definitly to track this issues.

Thanks
Friedhelm