Hello Adam,

Adam Dickmeiss wrote:

[...]

+  <para>
+   The PHP 5.0.5 Win32 zip includes a too old version of
+ <filename>yaz.dll</filename> (version 1.9.1 < required version 2.0.13).
+   If that's the case use the <filename>yaz.dll</filename> from a newer
+   <ulink url="&url.yaz.ftp.win32;">YAZ WIN32 install</ulink>.
+  </para>
+ </warning>
+
+ <para>
+  (<filename class="directory">c:\winnt\system32</filename> or
+  <filename class="directory">c:\windows\system32</filename>).
  </para>

AFAIR we decided to encourage people NOT to copy support dlls to the system folders. We should be consistent (some parts of the manual are not) and advice people to put this dlls in the main folder, e.g.: c:\php and add this directory to their path environment variable.

Regards
Friedhelm

Yep! Although some configure.xml files may still advise to copy the files to the windows folders, that it highly discoraged (and those pages should be fixed). Please change the above paragraph to mention that the PHP dir should be in the path (and then point to the relevant faq: faq.installation.addtopath).

Thanks,
Nuno