ID:               35417
 Updated by:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Reported By:      jbarros at mail dot com
 Bug Type:         Documentation problem
 Operating System: Irrelevant
 PHP Version:      Irrelevant
 New Comment:

This bug has been fixed in the documentation's XML sources. Since the
online and downloadable versions of the documentation need some time
to get updated, we would like to ask you to be a bit patient.

Thank you for the report, and for helping us make our documentation
better.

[2005-11-27 01:56:55] jbarros at mail dot com

------------
http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.pdo-mysql.php claims that MySQL tables
are not transaction-safe by default; however, whether a table is
transaction-safe depends on the storage engine used.  The distinction
is unclear and may mislead readers.

Current Wording
===============
Beware: MySQL tables do not support transactions by default. When
writing transactional database code, MySQL will pretend that a
transaction was initiated successfully, even when no transactional
support is present. In addition, any DDL queries issued will implicitly
commit any pending transactions.

Improved Wording
Beware: Some MySQL storage engines do not support transactions. When
writing transactional database code on tables that don't support them,
MySQL will pretend that a transaction was initiated successfully. In

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=35417&edit=1