>> hui, I think name it like your package name: pecl_http.
>> But, thats ugly ;-)
>
> Yeah, *ugly*
>
> The extension name is actually http, the package has just been
> named pecl_http because there already was a HTTP package in PEAR.

Ok, since there is no actual http extension in PHP, and we use the "http
extension" designation just to group some http related functions, what
if we move these to the network functions (and pray that a network
extension will not come around :), and let the http extension be
documented under its real name: http? Plus we would link to the network
functions documentation page on the new http extension page, so that
people will still find built in http functionality.

Goba