ID:               35555
 Updated by:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Reported By:      richard dot quadling at bandvulc dot co dot uk
 Bug Type:         Documentation problem
 Operating System: windows
 PHP Version:      Irrelevant
 New Comment:

Not enough information was provided for us to be able
to handle this bug. Please re-read the instructions at
http://bugs.php.net/how-to-report.php

If you can provide more information, feel free to add it
to this bug and change the status back to "Open".

Thank you for your interest in PHP.

No such text appears on this page.  Did you see it in a  (now absent)
user contributed note perhaps?

[2005-12-05 13:50:41] richard dot quadling at bandvulc dot co dot uk

------------
I have found a bug on page function.stream-context-create.html
[chm date: 2005-12-01]...

The new parameter max_redirects limits the number of redirects to 20.

It is unclear if, without this value set, or for versions of PHP which
this setting is inappropriate, if redirects are followed forever or at
all; 0 or infinity.

As this setting only LIMITS the redirects, it does not control whether
to follow them or not, though NOT can be implemented by setting the
value to 0.

I tried looking at the source (quick search in LXR first) and could
find no reference to max_redirects, though I did find CURLOPT_MAXREDIRS
in the CURL extension. I did a search on request_fulluri (the setting
immediately before max_redirects in the manual) and this was found in
http_fopen_wrapper.c

I then did a check for php_stream_context_get_option and none of the
finds related to the HTTP protocol with the max_redirects option and
considering this is now settable by a user, I was expecting this to be
the case.

>From what I can tell, the 20 is hard-coded and cannot be altered by
setting max_redicts in the context.

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=35555&edit=1