ID:               35922
 Updated by:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Reported By:      php at jvogel dot ch
 Bug Type:         Documentation problem
 Operating System: Irrelevant
 PHP Version:      Irrelevant
 New Comment:

Similar to bug #32012

[2006-01-06 16:55:53] php at jvogel dot ch

------------
In the documentation the module summaries contains a lot of
information. A lot of them is unnessesaraly when I am programming in
PHP. First of all there are a lot information about Installing, then
all the constants in detail. Then the most important information comes:
the Table of Contents (which function there are available in the
module). Last there are a lot of user contributed notes.

When I'm programming, I'm often looking for a special function. I know,
which module I need, but not, how the function is spelling (e.g. str_pos
or strpos). I go into string functions and have to scroll down to the
function list. But I cannot simple press the 'end' button and scroll
up, because there often are a lot of user contributed notes.

Perhaps it would be possible to hide the installation information in
its own subpage and the constants too. Or it would be easy to set the
table of contents at the top of the page.

PLEASE! :-)

Reproduce code:
Have a look at http://php.net/mysql or http://php.net/array

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=35922&edit=1