Nuno Lopes wrote:
> These functions return FALSE on normal operation, not on error.
> mysql_connect() for example returns a resource on success or false on
> failure. there you shoudn't use mixed.
> In this case, the return of false means not found, not a error, ence the > use > of mixed. (those pages even have the entity to explain how to use the > ===
> operator..)

Maybe you are right. I don't like mixed as you don't know what it
usually returns without reading the docs. "String not found" can be
also interpreted as a kind of an error.

If you persist on your interpretation and others agree, go ahead and
commit it again and let me sorry for my bogus reversion.

Jakub Vrana

I don't particularly like 'mixed' either.. And this would probably complicate your script for proto checking :)
So, I'll leave it as-is, as so far no one seemed to agree with me.

Nuno