ID:               36442
 Updated by:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Reported By:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Bug Type:         Documentation problem
 Operating System: Irrelevant
 PHP Version:      Irrelevant
 New Comment:

I'm not sure of the merit of using a different delimiter
there since it demonstrates that if the delimiter does
exist, it should be escaped.
However if it is changed, I think '|' is a bad choice
because it's part of PCRE syntax.

[2006-02-18 16:05:49] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I'm not sure of the merit of using a different delimiter
there since it demonstrates that if the delimiter does
exist, it should be escaped.
However if it is changed, I think '|' is a bad choice
because it's part of PCRE syntax.

[2006-02-18 14:48:34] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In the manual page of preg_match, "/" is always used as delimiter, even
if there are "/"s in the regex. It could influences bad habbits on
readers.

There are also too many escaped chars.

Here is the patch containing the proposed changes:

http://www.colder.ch/patches/preg-match.patch

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=36442&edit=1